Lord God, we can only imagine how the victims feel,
Surround those directly involved with your loving presence.
Protect, strengthen, and uphold the volunteers and emergency personnel.
Help all of us to remember that your love
Is bigger and stronger than despair and destruction.
Guide and strengthen us to reach out to those affected in ways that will bring healing.
Give them and us a sense of your peace and hope.
In the name of Jesus, our friend and healer, Amen.
Missouri has experienced flood damage in multiple parts of the state with anticipated impact still to come as rivers continue to crest. Missouri state officials are asking that the UMC not send volunteers at this time due to high water and road closures. Missouri UMC Disaster Response is in contact with Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and Missouri State Emergency Management Agency. United Methodist Committee On Relief is also keeping a close eye on the situation. Information on ways to help and give to the disaster relief fund is included below. Thank you for continuing to pray for those affected by flooding in our area and around the state.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
1) PRAY: Please continue to pray for the people of flood-affected areas and for the lives lost due to the rising water. Also be in prayer for the emergency responders who continue to care for those in need.
2) GIVE: Consider making a gift to the disaster relief fund (donations are tax-deductible).
• Text “Give” with a dollar amount to (314) 888-9160 and then choose 2 for the UMC Disaster Relief Fund. Standard data rates apply. A receipt will be sent via texted and emailed.
• Give through the Salem app. Download and open the app. Select give, enter the amount and select UMC Disaster Relief Fund.
• Mail a check made out to Salem and indicate Disaster Relief in the memo.
3) VOLUNTEER: Please pay attention to local requests for volunteers by county and city/town officials. That is the best and safest way for immediate service. The MO UMC Disaster Response Facebook page (@umcdisaster) will help share these local requests.
IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE
Below are some area resources for those needing assistance.